Individual, Couples & Family Therapy
If you live anywhere in Michigan, you can schedule a counseling appointment via Telehealth. Or schedule an in-person counseling appointment in the Clarkston, Michigan, office.
To schedule a therapy appointment, please contact Harper directly using our contact form.
Most Health Insurance Plans Accepted, except Medicare and Medicaid.
If no insurance is used, sessions are $90.00 via credit card.
As a licensed psychotherapist in Michigan, Harper specializes in helping adults and teens improve self-compassion and self-acceptance, strengthen self-worth, regulate emotions, and develop mindfulness.
- Mindful Self-Compassion: Harper is an expert in compassion-focused therapy and meditation, and was trained in the first-ever cohort of the Self-Compassion in Psychotherapy (SCIP) certificate program.
- Mood Disorders: Anxiety, Depression, Social Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder and other issues: Self-critical thoughts can trigger emotional responses that are incorrectly labeled as “mood disorders.” With mindful self-compassion, you will learn to reduce self-judgment, free yourself from fears of unworthiness, stop over-achieving and perfectionism, and be more calm and confident.
- Childhood Trauma Recovery: Based on the science of trauma and attachment theory, Harper helps clients understand how their neurobiology was affected by adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) and chronic developmental trauma — and how to heal.
- Difficult Relationships: Learn how to heal and recover from narcissistic abuse, difficult personalities or toxic personalities in your life, including those with Bi-Polar Disorder, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Anti-Social Personality Disorder, and Borderline Personality Disorder
- Child and Family Psychotherapy using Attachment-Focused Family Therapy
- Parenting Education to improve Child Behaviors and Emotional Maturity (for issues with ADHD, Oppositional and Defiant Disorder)
- Mindfulness Meditation Training to improve self-compassion, emotional regulation, and self-acceptance
- Assertiveness Training
- Anger Management using Mindful Self-Compassion
- Recovery from Abusive Relationships and Domestic Violence
- Marriage and Couples Counseling using Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy (EFCT) (Insurance not accepted; private pay only)